Monday, July 25, 2011

When It Rains...

Today I changed out of my pajamas for the first time in 48 hours. To take a shower and change back into pajamas. I put real clothes on briefly to drive to Wal-Mart with my roommate to rent Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1. It's been a lazy day to say the least.

I started reading The Hunger Games last night and stayed up a little bit too late. Woke up this morning--I use "morning" with a lot of creative license--made some food and then continued reading until about 8pm. That was my day. I hardly moved. But I did read a whole book!

I want to finish reading the Harry Potter books again but now I'm inconveniently far from the Barnes & Noble and the local bookstores are sure to notice me hanging around all day, ruining the binding on a popular book and not buying anything. When I get my first piece of mail, though, I can get a library card! Feel free to send me a postcard (or a care package) so I can get to that right away.

Tomorrow I'm going to go look at mattresses at the place my roommate got hers and see if they have anything else decent on sale. Then I might go to Wal-Mart to look at desks/tables and then! Go see the last Harry Potter movie with my roommate. It's nice that we get along okay. I also really like her pets. Her cats will come cuddle with me and her dog will, too. He's supposed to ask permission before coming onto my bed, and he tried that out at first, but I usually wasn't paying attention enough to shoo him away or invite him up so eventually he took control of the situation and jumped up. Today I could see in his eyes that he really wanted up--my bed is the air mattress, by the way, in case you were confused--but I had to many papers and notebooks strewn about and he didn't know what to do. As soon as I cleared a big enough spot on the edge he hopped right up and curled up and went to sleep. He's sweet. Very ugly. But sweet.

It rained again today! My ceiling started looking worse than ever. It was raining in a whole corner of my room, almost. If I walked through the doorway to the kitchen I would get wet, every time. And my car is parked on the sidewalk again. Lovely place.

I found a great deal of yarn that I very much want because I have at least 4 things on my list of things I want to make. I'll keep filling up my shopping cart and looking at it longingly until I talk myself out of it. Or find some miraculous way to justify it.

I can't believe it's already almost August. This summer is going by so fast.

It still surprises me and sort of saddens me when I realize I won't be going back to school in the fall. Without school life seems much less structured. School gives you a schedule and a routine. And it's been the same routine for so long that it's weird to be out of it. I haven't decided if I like it. Though to be completely honest, I don't think I do. School stressed me out a lot. But it's always been where I felt most comfortable. With paper and pens and taking notes and reading books and writing. Every once in a while taking lab class where I got to see how things really worked. And having someone ask you some strange, seemingly mundane question about a topic makes you think. I like being made to think. I don't want to get lazy. I don't want to only read for fun. I want to read to learn and to think.

I already want to go back to school and summer isn't even over yet.

How weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment