Friday, July 15, 2011

Lion-Speak

There's a quote I very much like that is maybe only loosely related to this post, but it's "If the lion could speak,  we could not understand him." Meaning that he would be so different from us that it would still be impossible to understand his way of life.

I, however, find much wisdom in the lion's words.

The only music I've loaded onto my iphone is Disney music. I think this happened one more when my ipod was dead but I wanted music to walk to class to, so I very hastily put my Disney playlist onto my iphone knowing that would get me through. I was in a music mood and I started playing youtube videos on my phone, but discovered I couldn't text while watching a video, so I quit that. I decided to just listen to the music on my phone already and it's just Disney.

I'm betting most of you have never watched The Lion King II. It's not as good as the first one, but it's still good. This is the song "We Are One" from Lion King II, which came on second and I thought was sort of cute and relevant. Transcribed by me, just for you,

As you go through life you'll see
There is so much that we
Don't understand
And the only thing we know
Is things don't always go
The way we planned
But you'll see every day
That we'll never turn away
When it seems all your dreams come undone
We will stand by you side
Filled with hope and filled with pride
We are more than we are
We are one

If there's so much I must be,
Can I still just be me
The way I am?
Can I trust in my own heart?
Or am I just one part
Of some big plan?

Even those who are gone
Are with us as we go on
Your journey as only begun
Tears of pain, tears of joy
One thing nothing can destroy
Is our pride deep inside
We are one

We are one, you and I
We are like the earth and sky
One family under the sun
All the wisdom to lead
All the courage that you need
You will find when you see
We are one.

Did you know that they are re-releasing The Lion King in theatres this fall? THEY ARE!! In 3D, which I don't think is going to be that great, but I'm really excited to see it in theatres even though I've seen it a million times. This also means--get ready--they are releasing Lion King merchandise again! For the first time since 1994 when the movie first came out. For some cruel, terrible, horrible reason, Disney doesn't really sell Lion King stuff. It doesn't fit into their marketing plan, I guess. They do Disney princesses for girls, Winnie the Pooh for babies, and I really don't know what they focus on for boys, but it's not the Lion King. It's so upsetting.

If anyone needs gift ideas for me for Christmas or my birthday, Lion King stuff is always welcome. I'm completely serious. One hundred percent completely serious. So if there's a Disney store nearby and you want to get your shopping done early go visit it in September.

This was a pretty frivolous post and there might be a more serious one later today. Aren't you excited? Two in one day!

1 comment: