Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Short

I took Magnolia into the vet I work at today and she came out with a clean bill of health! She has worms, but I knew that already and she's started on dewormer today. But she doesn't have FIV (feline AIDS) or feline leukemia and those are the big scary ones. She got her first set of shots and she did pretty well at the vet. I talked to the vet a little bit, too. I've met her before but haven't talked to her much and she was so nice! She told me she really respects my adventurous spirit--the road trip--and she told me she's really glad I'm working there because I'm a really good fit. Which I think has to do with the fact that I'm doing my zoo thing and working there and adopting strays. It's the kind of thing someone working at a kennel should do! Love animals in all ways!

Yesterday I emailed my supervisor from NW Trek to tell him I was in New Orleans because he used to work in the department I'm interning in. Also to thank him for acting as a reference for me. He replied saying that I definitely have the "right stuff to become a zoo professional" which really was great to hear.

I'm happy. Today was a good day. It was an exhausting day, but a really good one. I'm going to heat up some food, or something, feed the kitten and then go to sleep. Zoo day tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment