Friday, August 26, 2011

Heartbroken

Magnolia ran away.

I came home from work and couldn't find her in her usual spots so I went looking extra hard and then found an open dryer vent in the kitchen that we didn't know was there because there were boxes in front of it. But it's a chute straight under the house and she easily could have climbed in and slipped out.

I am absolutely devastated. I've been crying since I figured it out.

I got the second kitten last night and wonder if that's what drove her out. I feel awful. I feel so bad because I shouldn't have gotten a kitten if I didn't have the time to spend with it. If I'd been home today she wouldn't have gotten out. And the first thing I said at work this morning was "I can't wait to get home and see my kittens."

And now I have Cypress and I feel like I should just find her a new home because it's not meant to be.

I already miss her so much. Right now she'd be cuddling up with me and purring like crazy.

Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment