Thursday, August 4, 2011

Gypsy Soul

I have a new band that keeps catching my attention. "New" means new to me, I have no idea how long they've been around and I'll probably never investigate it. Zac Brown Band. I mentioned a song earlier called "Knee Deep" that I heard towards the beginning of my trip--I think in the first four hour driving stint as I left Ithaca, actually--that lifted my spirits. Then I heard a song called "Chicken Fried" which is just terribly catchy and upbeat. Another called "Whatever It Is," also upset and catchy. The song now, though, which I just found out was by them when I looked it up on Youtube, is called "Colder Weather." It's less happy, I suppose, but it's not the whole song that's caught me, just a bit of it. The video is depressing and I like to not watch it because it skews my listening. However, the lines that are important are: "You're a ramblin man/ You ain't ever gonna change/ You got a gypsy soul to blame/ And you were born for leaving."

I really like it here. I think I've expressed that. I even like the weather, which surprises me. I might feel differently about it when I'm working in it during my internship. Anywho. I really like it. When I left New Orleans last year I did so extremely reluctantly and longed to come back. Now I'm back and thrilled about it, can't believe it when I look at a map and see just where I am in the world.

But I'm already thinking about where I'd like to go next.

I already miss snow and crisp weather.

I think it would be nice to live in a little town where everything is walking distance. Like Oxford.

I think it would be nice to live in the country. On land. Far away from everything.

I also haven't lost my desire to live in the swamps. I think "Swamp People" was terrible for my imagination. But too late, the desire has seeded.

There's just so much of the world to see, why in stay in one place so long?

But it seems strange to feel so restless. Don't know what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment