Monday, April 25, 2011

Falsities

I posted a resume online a few days ago and got a phone call this morning! I did reverse look-up (because I never answer unknown phone numbers) and turns out it's a very scammy phone call. How unfortunate. But the area code was in upstate New York and I don't really want to stay here, so a real job would've been difficult to deal with.

The problem with this scam call, is some people might be desperate enough for employment to agree to sell life insurance, but I'm just not that desperate. I won't get that desperate until November, when my student loan payments are about to start. And even then, I'll probably only be desperate enough to get a job in retail. As non-perfect as those jobs are relative to my dreams, I kind of enjoy helping people find things and leave happy.

The job search is frustrating, long, and I have no idea what to do. But I think what worries me is that I'm not all that worried about it. I'm supposed to be, but I know I'll figure something out. I know I need some time to figure out where I want to settle next, and I know I can afford to be jobless for a little while. Not long, but a little awhile. I think I might do a camping road trip.

Unrelated, I made an Easter dinner yesterday and it turned out quite well. I made a ham, mashed potatoes, rolls, broccoli, deviled eggs, and almond cupcakes for dessert. I'm really proud of how well everything looked. I still can't taste, but my roommate said it tasted good, and she went back for seconds so I believe it. Pictures later, but right now I need to get breakfast together and get dressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment